Our friends are very important parts of our social life, we share most of our time with them, have fun wifh them and most importantly they determine where we would end up in future. Bad choices made by our friends will influence us negatively and vice versa.
Here are some kinds of friends you need to avoid, especially if you are a student..
1. Those who are just too competitive. A healthy amount is motivational; anything more than that results in spite and jealousy. If you have to think twice about telling a friend about your success in the fear of them getting competitive, it is time you step out of this toxic friendship.
2. The friend who is with you just for the money they will get from you. It’s good to help friends! Helping his what friendships are for! But if you’re noticing your not-so-financially-stable friend is only hanging out with you in order to borrow cash or your car or clothes, then that’s not okay. You’re not a bank.
3. Those who always take you for granted. Those who enter your life and exit as they please, hurt you and assume you’ll forgive them each time. No matter how much you love them, if they don’t value you, the friendship isn’t worth it.
4. Those who leave your side the moment you’re going through a low phase in life. It is during these times that we need our best friend to be there for us and tell us it’s all going to be okay. But if they’re so emotionally unavailable, they don’t deserve a place in your life.
5. Those who flock to you when you’re at your best. They aren’t around for you, only your success. And the moment you hit a low point in life, they’ll be gone before you know. They’re never going to be there for you when it matters.
6. Those who make you feel worthless. Being truthful is a great quality in a friend but there’s a thin line between being honest and being cynical. You don’t need unnecessary criticism about everything you do in your life.
7. Those who want to hang out with you only when they have nothing better to do. You’re as special as anyone else, you don’t deserve to be so low in their priority list.
8. Those who don’t trust you even after so many years of your loyalty. There is only so much you can do to make someone trust you. If it hasn’t happened after all these years, it probably never will.
9. And, those you don’t trust. You would never be able to be yourself in front of them.
10. Those who neither forget nor forgive. We all do things we don’t mean, commit mistakes that hurt people around us. But if that friend isn’t ready to forgive, forget and move on, there’s no happy ending to this friendship anyway.