Science is the back bone of our modern society, everything that exists in the realistic world can be proved scientifically. And most people believe that anything that can’t be verified scientifically or that exists outside experience is not a valid fact.
Here are some science facts you are definitely going to enjoy.
- Did you know that there are 206 bones in the adult human body and there are 300 in children (as they grow some of the bones fuse together).
- Flea’s can jump 130 times higher than their own height. In human terms this is equal to a 6ft. person jumping 780 ft. into the air.
- The most dangerous animal in the world is the common housefly. Because of their habits of visiting animal waste, they transmit more diseases than any other animal.
- Snakes are true carnivorous because they eat nothing but other animals. They do not eat any type of plant material.
- The world’s largest amphibian is the giant salamander. It can grow up to 5 ft. in length.
- 100 years ago: The first virus was found in both plants and animals
- 90 years ago: The Grand Canyon became a national monument & Cellophane is invented.
- 80 years ago: The food mixer and the domestic refrigerator were invented.
- 70 years ago: The teletype and PVC (polyvinyl-chloride) were invented.
- 60 years ago: Otto Hahn discovered nuclear fission by splitting uranium, Teflon was invented.